Students sitting at a bench.

Undergraduate Handbook


Welcome to the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. We, the faculty and staff, want to do everything we can to make your studies productive and pleasant.

The main objective of the Civil and Environmental Engineering program at Penn State is to provide the basic undergraduate education required for private practice and public service in civil and environmental engineering, and/or continued formal education. Emphasis is placed on the fundamentals of civil engineering principles and design techniques. Students utilize the basic engineering science concepts needed for this major through required course work in several specialty areas. (i.e., environmental, geotechnical and materials, structures, transportation and water resources). Finally, through a series of elective courses, the students are able to choose an area of specialization for professional practice and/or graduate studies. Their area of specialization culminates in a capstone design experience.

The overall objectives of the program are for students to have Program objectives:

  • an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering;
  • proficiency in at least four of the specialty areas within Civil Engineering;
  • an ability to pass the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam;
  • an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs;
  • an ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice;
  • an ability to perform civil engineering design by means of design experiences integrated throughout the professional component of the curriculum;
  • an ability to conduct laboratory experiments and to critically analyze and interpret data in more than one of the recognized major civil engineering areas;
  • an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams;
  • an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
  • an ability to communicate effectively;
  • an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
  • the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context;
  • a knowledge of contemporary issues;
  • can explain the basic concepts in management, business, public policy, and leadership; and can explain the importance of professional licensure;
  • a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.

As a student, the ultimate responsibility for knowing and fulfilling the requirements for your degree rests with you. This handbook will:

  • Familiarize you with the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
  • Provide you with a central source of information about the department and its programs. Telephone numbers and web links are provided, wherever possible, for your convenience.
  • Guide you through the requirements necessary to receive your degree.

We hope that you will use this handbook as a guide during your years in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. You should read and become thoroughly familiar with its contents. The educational process necessitates change; therefore, this handbook must be considered informational and non-binding on the University. The University reserves the right to change the requirements and regulations contained in this handbook and to determine whether a student has satisfactorily met his/her requirements for graduation.

Department Statistics

The administrative offices of the Civil and Environmental Engineering program are located on the second floor and faculty offices are located on the first and second floors of the Sackett Building.

  • Current Faculty: 31
  • Spring 2016 Undergraduate Students (graduated): 209
  • Spring 2016 Graduate Students (graduated): 35
  • Fall 2016 Enrolled Undergraduate Students : 380
  • Fall 2016 Enrolled Graduate Students: 140

Technical Areas

  • Environmental Engineering
  • Geotechnical and Materials Engineering
  • Structural Engineering
  • Surveying/Civil Engineering
  • Transportation Engineering
  • Water Resources Engineering


Environmental Engineering

Environmental engineering focuses on engineering systems that ensure a high quality of human life and protect our environmental resources. These systems include diverse areas such as water quality control; contaminated soil remediation; issues associated with atmospheric pollution; and the design, construction and operation of water supply, wastewater treatment and solid and hazardous waste treatment systems.

  • Rachel Brennan, Associate Professor
    Ph.D. (University of Illinois), P.E.
    231K Sackett
  • William Burgos, Professor
    Ph.D. (Virginia Tech)
    115 Sackett
  • Fred Cannon, Professor
    Ph.D. (Illinois, Urbana-Champaign), P.E.
    225 Sackett
  • Christopher Gorski, Assistant Professor
    Ph.D. (University of Iowa)
    231F Sackett
  • Bruce Logan, Kappe Professor of EnvE Evan Pugh Professor
    Director, C.O.E. Environmental Institute
    Director, H2E Center
    Ph.D. (University of California, Berkeley)
    231Q Sackett
  • John Regan, Professor
    Ph.D. (Wisconsin), P.E.
    220 Sackett
  • Nathaniel Warner, Assistant Professor
    Ph.D. (Duke)
    231E Sackett

Geotechnical and Materials Engineering

The Geotechnical and Materials Engineering program includes several important disciplines of Civil Engineering associated with the characterization, behavior, design and management of natural particulate materials, infrastructure materials and pavements. Geotechnical engineering incorporates the characterization and behavior of natural particulate materials for the development of engineered systems and includes the study of soil mechanics, geochemistry, soil mineralogy, soil dynamics and foundation design. Materials Engineering involves the design and development of construction materials to meet specific properties and performance criteria. In addition to mechanical properties, durability, sustainability, and cost of materials are of paramount importance and must be optimized. Materials of interest include portland cement concrete, asphalt concrete, fiber-reinforced composites, metals, wood, and aggregates. Pavement Engineering includes the characterization, design and analysis of pavements -- the selection and specification of appropriate materials, layer thickness, surface conditions, and drainage features for the needed traffic and environmental conditions.

  • Patrick Fox, Shaw Professor and Department Head
    Ph.D. (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
    212 Sackett
  • Tong Qiu, Associate Professor
    Ph.D. (University of California, Los Angeles)
    226A Sackett
  • Aleksandra Radlińska, Assistant Professor
    Ph.D. (Purdue University)
    231D Sackett
  • Farshad Rajabipour, Associate Professor
    Ph.D. (Purdue University)
    231M Sackett
  • Parisa Shokouhi, Assistant Professor
    Ph.D. (Rutgers University)
    215 Sackett
  • Shelley Stoffels, Professor
    D.E. (Texas A & M), P.E.
    208 Sackett
  • Ming Xiao, Associate Professor
    Ph.D. (Kansas State), P.E.
    231P Sackett

Structural Engineering

Structural engineering involves the analysis and design of buildings, bridges, dams, tunnels and other structures considering the loads, wind forces, earthquake shocks, and materials as well as the proposed methods of construction.

  • Hassan El-Chabib, Instructor
    Ph.D. (Western Ontario)
    223A Sackett
  • Jeffrey Laman, Professor
    Ph.D. (Michigan), P.E.
    231J Sackett
  • Ali Memari, Professor
    Bernard and Henrietta Hankin Chair in Residential Building Construction
    Director of Research for PHRC
    Ph.D. (Penn State)
    222 Sackett
  • Konstantinos Papakonstantinou, Assistant Professor
    Ph.D. (U California, Irvine)
    231C Sackett
  • Thomas Skibinski, Instructor
    Director of Construction Engineering Management P.E.
    206G Sackett
  • Gordon Warn, Associate Professor
    Ph.D. (University of Buffalo)
    226B Sackett

Surveying/Civil Engineering

The College of Engineering at Penn State University has recently approved a new concurrent Surveying and Civil Engineering degree. This 5-year program will allow students to earn a bachelor of science degree in Surveying and Civil Engineering. Its graduates can become licensed both as a professional land surveyor and professional engineer in all fifty states. “By obtaining both degrees, graduates of this program expand their career opportunities by being able to function more flexibly in engineering and surveying firms where both areas of expertise are often in demand,” said Dr. Charles D. Ghilani, Professor of Engineering and Surveying Program Chair at Penn State Wilkes-Barre. “We expect that demand for the initially limited number of graduates in this program will encourage attractive starting salaries.” Students enrolled in this program will spend three years at Penn State Wilkes-Barre, and finish their final two years at the University Park Campus. The WilkesBarre campus has offered the 4-year degree in surveying since 1994. Their graduates are highly sought after and, in the last ten years the campus has boasted a 100% job placement rate for surveying graduates. For more information, call the Penn State Wilkes-Barre Admissions Office at 570-675-9238 or email: wbadmissions@

  • Frank Derby, Associate Professor
    Ph.D. (University of Florida)
    Penn State Wilkes-Barre
  • Paul DeBarry, Lecturer
    P.E., P.H.
    Penn State Wilkes-Barre
  • Salvatore Marsico, Associate Professor
    J.D. (Temple University)
    Penn State Wilkes-Barre
  • Brian Naberezny, Instructor
    M.S. (U Maine)
    Penn State University Park Campus
    223A Sackett

Transportation Engineering

Transportation engineering focuses on transportation problems related to the movement of people or goods from place to place, the control of traffic, the development of better means of transportation, the concern for greater safety at higher speeds, and the planning and design of facilities to accommodate the increased volume of people and materials. Because of the geometric nature of the layout of transportation ways, engineering measurement theory is of great importance to this division.

  • Eric Donnell, Professor
    Ph.D. (Penn State), P.E.
    231N Sackett
  • Vikash Gayah, Assistant Professor
    Ph.D. (University of California, Berkeley)
    231L Sackett
  • S. Ilgin Guler, Assistant Professor
    221B Sackett
  • Martin Pietrucha, Professor
    Director, LTI
    Ph.D. (Maryland), P.E.
    221 Sackett
    863-7306/LTI 863-3954
  • Venky Shankar, Professor
    Ph.D. (University of Washington, Seattle)
    226C Sackett

Water Resources Engineering

Water resources engineering involves the application of fluid mechanics to the design, analysis, and operation of hydraulic systems with an emphasis on river flow, floods, sedimentation, dams, etc. Hydraulic projects include such structures as reservoirs, dams, spillways, stilling basins, culverts, canals, pipelines, navigation locks, dikes, floodwalls and levees. Hydrology and water resources focus on the application of hydraulic principles and statistical methods in estimating water quantities due to rainfall-runoff for the design of water supply and flood control facilities. The determination of reservoir size and the capacity of storm drainage systems are also included.

  • Peggy Johnson, Dean, Schreyer Honors College; Professor 
    Ph.D. (University of Maryland)
    10 Schreyer Honors College
  • Xiaofeng Liu, Assistant Professor
    Ph.D. (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
    223B Sackett
  • Alfonso Mejia, Assistant Professor
    Ph.D. (University of Maryland)
    215B Sackett
  • Chaopeng Shen, Assistant Professor
    Ph.D. (Michigan State University)
    206C Sackett

How Do I ...

Determine which courses will fulfill my degree requirements?

To check on your degree requirements and progress, access your degree audit in LionPATH. Review each line for pluses and minuses and course selections.

Drop a class?

To add and drop courses you must go to LionPATH. After the schedule adjustment period has ended, you must complete an Add/Drop form (late drop or late add), obtain your adviser's signature, and take it to the department that is offering the course. If you miss the late drop deadline, you will need to file a petition to request a retroactive course drop from the University Faculty Senate. LionPATH is available throughout the semester.

Get into a class that is full?

Students cannot be added to classrooms that are filled to room capacity. If enrollment does not exceed room capacity, you should try to obtain the instructor's permission to enroll in the class using an Add/Drop form. If the instructor signs the form, take it to the department that is offering the course to schedule the class.

Get a grade changed?

If you disagree with a grade you have received for a course, speak with the instructor. Take whatever supporting material you may have to support the change of grade with you. If this does not resolve the matter, see the department head. But remember, only instructors are authorized to assign grades.

Meet with my adviser?

Your Adviser's name and contact information is available in LionPATH. Check your adviser's office door for posted office hours. Knock on the door, email, and/or call.

Get access to the computer lab?

If you experience difficulties with the card swipe access, please see Mr. Robert White, 206F Sackett; 863-0512.

Change my major?

Go to 208 Hammond Building and request a change of major form. Complete and return the form to Dr. Christine Masters, assistant dean for academic support and global programs, College of Engineering. Consult the undergraduate academic officer in the requested major for departmental support.

Schedule a World Campus course?

Visit Penn State Online for an application and course selections.

Get involved with a student organization?

Go to general meetings and express an interest. General meetings are usually held at the beginning of the fall semester to recruit new members. Most groups publicize these meetings by posting notices university wide. CEE student organizations post notices on the bulletin boards on the second floor of Sackett. Also available is an ASCE Student Lounge in 105 Sackett.

Civil Engineering Program Information

For the B.S. degree in Civil Engineering, a minimum of 130 credits is required. This baccalaureate program in Civil Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc., 111 Market Place Suite 1050, Baltimore, Maryland 21202-4012; telephone 410-347-7700 or

Effective Fall Semester 2010

  • GENERAL EDUCATION: 45 credits (27 of these 45 credits are included in the REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MAJOR)
  • REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MAJOR: 112 credits (This includes 27 credits of General Education courses: 9 credits of GN courses; 6 credits of GQ courses; 3 credits of GS courses; 9 credits of GWS courses.)

Capstone Design Course

One C E 400-Level course must be a design course (C E 410W, 421W, 439W, 448W, 465W, and 472W). No substitutions are permitted. Please refer to course offerings for a brief description of these courses, as well as when they are typically offered and required prerequisites.

Departmental List of Approved Technical Electives

A student may select 9 credits of C E 3xx or 4xx or courses from the following list for technical electives.

  • Architectural Engineering: A E 431, A E 432, A E 470, A E 475, A E 476
  • Chemistry: CHEM 402, CHEM 425, CHEM 450
  • Co-op: Complete 1 credit each of ENGR 295A, ENGR 395A, and ENGR 495A (a student may use a 3-credit sequence of ENGR 295, 395, 495 Cooperative Education to substitute for one 3-credit technical elective)
  • Economics: ECON 432, ECON 490
  • Environmental Resource Management: E R M 411, E R M 412
  • Forestry: FOR 470
  • Geo Environmental Engineering: GEOEE 408
  • Industrial Health and Safety: I H S 400, I H S 420
  • Information Sciences and Technology: IST 402, IST 441, IST 461, IST 462
  • Meteorology: METEO 448
  • Statistics: STAT 414, STAT 415, STAT 416, STAT 418
  • Supply Chain Management: SCM 423
  • Any 400-level course in: Acoustics (ACS), Aerospace Engineering (AERSP), Biological Engingeering (B E), Bioengineering (BIOE), Chemical Engineering (CH E), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Engineering Design (EDSGN), Electrical Engineering (E E), Engineering Mechanics (E MCH), Engineering Science (E SC), Environmental Engineering (ENVE), Fuel Science (F SC), Geoscience (GEOSC), Industrial Engineering (I E), Materials Science and Engineering (MATSE), Mechanical Engineering (M E), Mineral Engineering (MIN E), Mineral Processing (MN PR), Mining (MNG), Nuclear Engineering (NUC E), Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering (P N G), or Surveying (SUR)

Note: Other courses require approval prior to scheduling.

General Education

Your program also requires that you meet the University's General Education requirements. You have the most flexibility in meeting the requirements for the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (AHS) and Health and Physical Activity GHA) requirements. You must take 18 AHS credits; 3 of which include the required ECON course. Generally, you will need to take 6 credits in each of the 3 areas (GA, GH, GS). Courses are listed on the General Education tab of the Undergraduate Degree Bulletin. If you entered Penn State after summer 2005, you must complete both the US Cultures (US) and International Cultures (IL) requirements. These are most efficiently done by having one of the AHS courses count as both AHS and US or IL.

C or Better Courses

To fulfill graduation requirements, you must earn a C grade or better in the following courses (33 credits): E MCH 211, 212, 213, and C E 310, 321, 332, 335, 336, 340 360 and 370. In addition, you must complete these courses with a C grade or better in order to schedule courses for which these are prerequisites.


A cumulative GPA of 2.00 or better is required for graduation. If your cumulative GPA drops below 2.00, you may be dropped for poor scholarship. If you are dropped as a degree candidate, the College of Engineering requires that all deficiencies be removed before you can be re-enrolled in the major. When half of your deficiencies are removed, you may pursue enrolling in DUS. For more information, see your academic adviser.

Writing Across the Curriculum

Baccalaureate degree students who entered the University after spring 1990 must complete at least 3 credits of writing-intensive ourses prior to graduation. These courses must be selected from approved writing-intensive courses offered within the major or college of enrollment.

Civil engineering courses that meet the writing across the curriculum requirement are C E 410W, 421W, 439W, 448W, 465W, and 472W.

This table shows one way to complete the civil engineering program requirements in four regular academic years. However, very few students will be able to follow the program exactly as shown. There are many ways to meet these degree requirements. Please use the table of course offerings to carefully plan your program of study. You must be flexible and prepared to deal with full sections and scheduling problems.

Example Program Schedule
Semester 1 Semester 2
First Year Seminar -C E 100S or Elective (1)
CHEM 110 - Chemical Principles (3)
EDSGN 100 - Engineering Design (3)
ENGL 015 or 030 - Rhetoric and Composition (3)
MATH 140/140E - Calculus I (4)
GA, GH, or GS (3)
17 credits total
CHEM 111 - Experimental Chemistry (1)
ECON 102, 104 or 014 (GS) (3)
MATH 141/141E - Calculus II (4)
PHYS 211 - Mechanics (4)
GA, GH, or GS (3)
Health and Physical Activity (GHA) (1.5)
16.5 credits total
Semester 3 Semester 4
CAS 100A/B - Effective Speech (3)
E MCH 211 - Statics (3)
GEOSC 001 - Physical Geology (3)
MATH 251 - Ordinary & Partial Diff. Eqns. (4)
PHYS 212 - Electricity & Magnetism (4)
17 credits total
CMPSC 200/201/202 - Programming (3)
E MCH 212 - Dynamics (3)
E MCH 213/213D - Strength of Materials (3)
MATH 220 - Matrices (2)
STAT 401 or I E 424 (3)
GA, GH, or GS (3)
17 credits total
Semester 5 Semester 6
C E 310 - Surveying (3)
C E 332 - Prof Econ & Const (3)
C E 336 - C E Materials (3)
C E 337 - C E Materials Lab (1)
C E 340 - Structural Analysis (3)
C E 360 - Fluid Mechanics (3)
16 credits total
C E 321 - Highway Engineering (3)
C E 335 - Soil Mechanics (3)
C E 370 - Intro to Environmental (3)
ENGL 202C - Technical Writing (3)
M E 201 - Intro to Thermal Science (3)
Health & Physical Activity (1.5)
16.5 credits total
Semester 7 Semester 8
C E 3XX/4XX - C E Elective (3)
C E 3XX/4XX - C E Elective (3)
E E 211 or 212 - Electronic Measuring Sys. (3)
Technical Elective - see department list (3)
GA, GH, or GS (3)
15 credits total
C E 3XX/4XX - C E Elective (3)
C E 4XXW - Capstone Design (3)
Technical Elective - see department list (3)
Technical Elective - see department list (3)
GA, GH, or GS (3)
15 credits total
Courses listed in boldface italic type require a grade of C or better for entrance into this major.
Courses listed in boldface type require a grade of C or better for graduation in this major.
C E Electives must be selected from two of the three remaining technical areas in the program: Structures (X40), Hydrosystems (X60), and Environmental (X70).
A student may use a 3-credit sequence of ENGR 295, 395, 495 Cooperative Education to substitute for one 3 credit technical elective. A student may use a 1-credit ENGR 195 Professional Internship on a case-by-case basis. See Undergraduate Director.
Civil Engineering students may petition to use a maximum of 6 credits of ROTC (grade C or better), 3 credits may be applied to GHA and 3 credits towards M E 201 or E E 211/212 course work. No credits may be used in this manner unless the student has fulfilled all ROTC requirements.

Course Offerings, Credits, Semester and Pre-Requisites

  • C E 310: SURVEYING (3) – Fundamental surveying measurements, traverse computations, coordinate geometry, mapping, GPS and GIS, circular and parabolic curves, earthwork, boundary surveys, CAD applications.
    Offered: FA, SP, SU
    Pre-reqs: EDSGN 100, MATH 141
  • C E 321: HIGHWAY ENGINEERING (3) – Highway engineering principles, vehicle and driver characteristics; geometric and pavement design; highway drainage; traffic engineering, capacity and analysis and signal timing.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 310
  • C E 332: PROFESSIONALISM, ECONOMICS AND CONSTRUCTION PROJECT DELIVERY (3) – Introduction to engineering management process; economic analysis; pricing; contract documents; estimating; ethics; professional practice and engineering economy.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs; None
  • C E 335: ENGINEERING MECHANICS OF SOILS (3) – Soil compositions, classification, subsurface exploration, ground water flow, stress analysis, compaction, soil behavior, bearing capacity, lateral earth pressure and slope stability.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: E MCH 213 or E MCH 210
    Pre-req or Concurrent: GEOSC 001
  • C E 336: MATERIALS SCIENCE FOR CIVIL ENGINEERS (3) – Introduction to civil engineering materials; their structure and behavior; relationship between structure and behavior.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: E MCH 213 or E MCH 210
    Pre-req or Concurrent: STAT 401
  • C E 337: CIVIL ENGINEERING MATERIALS LAB (1) – Materials: soils, aggregates, concrete, steel, wood and polymers.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 335 or C E 336 or concurrent
  • C E 340: STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS (3) – Analysis of statically determinate and indeterminate trusses, beams and frames; reactions, axial forces, shears, moments, deflections. Introduction to influence lines.
    Offered: FA, SP, SU
    Pre-reqs: E MCH 213 or E MCH 210
    Pre-req or Concurrent: CMPSC 201 or 202
  • C E 341: DESIGN OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES (3) – Design of reinforced concrete beams, slabs, and columns with emphasis on ultimate-strength methods; pre-stressed concrete; buildings and bridge applications.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 340
    Pre-req or Concurrent: C E 336
  • C E 342: DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES (3) – Design and analysis of structural steel tension members, beams, columns, beam-columns, composite beams and connections. Project and computer applications.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 336, C E 340
  • C E 360: FLUID MECHANICS (3) – Mechanics of fluids; flow in conduits and around bodies, friction and energy loss, fluid measurements.
    Offered: FA, SP, SU
    Pre-reqs: E MCH 212
  • C E 370: INTRODUCTION TO ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (3) – Nature and scope of environmental issues; air, water, land impacts; fundamentals and processes of pollution control.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: CHEM 110; MATH 111 or MATH 141
  • C E 371: WATER AND WASTEWATER TREATMENT (3) – Water treatment; water storage; design of water distribution and wastewater systems; pumping stations.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 360, C E 370
  • C E 399: FOREIGN STUDIES (1-12) – Courses offered in foreign countries by individual or group instruction.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: None
  • C E 410W: SUSTAINABLE RESIDENTIAL SUBDIVISION DESIGN (3) – Residential subdivision process; site selection; conservation and neo-traditional design; utility design and layout; Best Management Practices for erosion and storm water.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: C E 332 or A E 372; seventh semester standing in C E or A E
  • C E 421W: TRANSPORTATION DESIGN (3) – Design of streets and highway facilities; emphasis on geometric elements, intersections and interchanges, roadway drainage, and pavement design procedures.
    Offered: SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 321
  • C E 422: TRANSPORTATION PLANNING (3) – Transportation systems planning, programming, and management; modeling and simulation data collection, analysis and forecasting.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: 3 credits in probability or statistics
  • C E 423: TRAFFIC OPERATIONS (3) – The highway capacity manual, concepts and analyses, freeway operations, signalized and unsignalized intersections, signal coordination, traffic impact studies.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: C E 321
  • C E 432: CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT (3) – Fundamentals of project management, construction scheduling using the CPM technique, construction project pre-planning, and control of quality, safety, and costs.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: C E 332
  • C E 435: FOUNDATION ENGINEERING (3) – Bearing capacity, settlement, and structural design of shallow foundations; lateral earth pressure; retaining and sheet-pile walls; introduction to deep foundations.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: C E 335
    Pre-req or Concurrent: C E 341
  • C E 436: CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING MATERIALS (3) – Design, production, application, specification, and quality control of construction materials unique to civil engineering.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: C E 336; STAT 401
  • C E 437: ENGINEERING MATERIALS FOR SUSTAINABILITY (3) – Environmental impact of materials; life-cycle assessment; material selection to optimize performance; design, evaluation, and production of green construction materials.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: C E 336 or equivalent
  • C E 438: CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERING (3) – Construction project integrating geo-technical reports; materials specifications; quality control; equipment; estimation; scheduling; design details; excavations, foundations, retaining walls, formwork, pavements.
    Offered: SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 432 and C E 435 or C E 436
  • C E 439W: GEOTECHNICAL AND MATERIALS ENGINEERING DESIGN CAPSTONE (3) – Subsurface site evaluation; integrated design of retaining walls, foundations, pavements, and materials for aireports, highways, dams, or other facilities.
    Offered: SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 435 and either C E 436 or C E 437
  • C E 441: STRUCTURAL DESIGN OF FOUNDATIONS (3) – Design of concentrically and eccentrically loaded square, rectangular, and combined footings; analysis and design of mat foundations; retaining walls; piles caps; flexible retaining design, and caissons.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: C E 341
  • C E 447: STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS BY MATRIX METHODS (3) – Analysis of truss and frame structures using flexibility and stiffness methods of matrix analysis; computer applications.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: C E 340
  • C E 448W: ADVANCED STRUCTURAL DESIGN (3) – Wind, snow, seismic, bridge loads, and building design using steel, concrete and pre-stressed concrete; advanced steel connections. Capstone project; computer applications.
    Offered: SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 342, C E 441
    Pre-req or Concurrent; ENGL 202C
  • C E 461: WATER-RESOURCE ENGINEERING (3) – Qualitative and quantitative description of the hydrologic cycle, flood and drought frequency analysis, climate and land use change impacts, risk analysis and uncertainty, water resource management at regional, national and global scale.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 360
  • C E 462: OPEN CHANNEL HYDRAULICS (3) – Open channel hydraulics for free surface flow in rivers, canals, steep chutes, transitions, and through bridges and culverts.
    Offered: FA, SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 360
  • C E 465W: WATER RESOURCES CAPSTONE DESIGN (3) – Hydraulic design of river structures and open channels including super critical and spatially varied flow; hydrologic/hydraulic computer modeling; design project.
    Offered: SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 461
    Pre-req or Concurrent: C E 462
  • C E 472W: ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING CAPSTONE DESIGN (3) – Principles and design of unit operations for water; domestic and industrial wastewater treatment, equipment selection and application.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: C E 370, C E 371
  • C E 475: WATER QUALITY CHEMISTRY (4) – Chemistry applicable to the understanding and analysis of water quality, pollution and treatment.
    Offered: SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 370, CHEM 110, CHEM 111
  • C E 476: SOLID AND HAZARDOUS WASTES (3) – Characteristics and treatment of solid wastes and hazardous wastes.
    Offered: SP
    Pre-reqs: C E 370, C E 371
  • C E 479: ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY FOR ENGINEERS (3) – Introductory microbiology for engineers; microbe structure, function, and diversity; environmental ecosystems; diagnostic labs.
    Offered: FA
    Pre-reqs: CHEM 111, C E 370; 7th semester standing
  • C E 494/H: SENIOR THESIS/HONORS (1-9) – Students must have approval of a thesis Adviser before scheduling this course.
  • C E X96: INDEPENDENT STUDIES (1-18) – Students must have the consent and approval of the instructor before scheduling this course.
  • C E X97: SPECIAL TOPICS (1-9) – Students must have the consent and approval of the instructor before scheduling this course.
  • C E 499: FOREIGN STUDIES (1-12) – Courses offered in foreign countries by individual or group instruction.
    Offered: FA, SP

Environmental Engineering Minor

Effective Spring Semester 2011.

18 credits

A minor is available in Environmental Engineering and the requirements are shown on the Baccalaureate Degree Programs Bulletin (bluebook) at and selecting Minor Programs from the menu.

This minor is designed to provide students in engineering, science, and other majors with a comprehensive study of environmental issues and the skills necessary to solve problems associated with environmental pollution. A certificate is awarded to students who complete the requirements of the minor.

For entrance into the minor, students must be at least fifth-semester and have completed CHEM 110, MATH 141, and PHYS 211. The minor consists of 18 credits, at least 6 of which must be at the 400 level. A grade of C or better is required in all courses in the minor.

An online application is available at:

Procedures, Policies, and Rules

Some of the most commonly referenced applicable policies and procedures are briefly described below. Please check the appropriate University manuals for more information.


Each student is assigned a faculty adviser in the department. Your adviser is listed on your LionPATH degree audit. While advisers are one of the most personal links you have with the University, please consider that:

  • Faculty members have 15 or more advisees, major responsibilities in teaching, research, and service. When you have questions or need advice, take the initiative to see your adviser. Be prepared with your questions and materials to make the most of both your adviser's and your time.
  • Because of the many duties of each faculty member, it is almost impossible for them to monitor closely the academic progress of each advisee. Therefore, it is each student's responsibility to ensure that all graduation requirements are met.

The Academic Programs staff monitors your student records. Consult Dr. Folmar ( or Heather Hamby,, if you have questions about interpreting the contents of this manual, or about your records, petitions, and applications. In case of an emergency, when your academic adviser is not available, you may contact the department's Director of Undergraduate Programs, Dr. Folmar. Check his office door (206B Sackett) for office hours, or email with your available hours for an appointment.

Degree Audits

Degree audits are used to track progress toward completion of degree requirements. The audit indicates program and graduation requirements that have been completed to date, as well as unfulfilled requirements. The department uses the degree audit to certify students for graduation.

You can review and obtain a copy of your audit on line through LionPATH. Information on how to interpret your degree audit is also available from the Registrar's site. Please contact the Academic Programs staff concerning your degree audit report.

Sixth-semester Audits

You are encouraged to review your degree audit with your faculty adviser to make sure you are making steady progress toward completing your degree requirements during your sixth semester of study. You should check the status of any petitions filed, anticipate any petitions that may need to be filed, and know the scheduling pattern for courses that may only be offered during one semester or those that require prerequisites.


You may request exceptions to published degree requirements by filing an academic petition. The petition should contain a clear and precise statement of what type of exception you are requesting, a reasonable justification for the request, and include appropriate supporting documentation. Petitions are formal requests and should be discussed and endorsed by your adviser; students should then use the College of Engineering's on-line ePetition ( to submit the request.

To the greatest extent possible, petitions should be filed before the relevant course or other action is taken. Some petitions require only departmental approval; the dean or the University Faculty Senate must approve others. Therefore, a petition may take anywhere from one week to several weeks for a final decision.

To avoid any last minute changes in graduation plans, petitions should be submitted prior to the semester before you activate your intent to graduate. Petitions submitted the semester in which you plan to graduate may not be reviewed or may be denied.

There are many reasons to file a petition. Perhaps you took a very similar course when you were on track for another major. Or, perhaps you have transfer or AP credits that were transferred as general credit to your Penn State record. Some of the petitions commonly seen in the department include:

  • Experiential GI or IL. Students may meet the former GI (prior to 2005), now the IL requirements with appropriate life experiences, such as study abroad or working in the Peace Corps.
  • Language Substitution. A language course at the 12th credit level or higher may be substituted for 3 credits of the AHS requirements.
  • ROTC Credits. You may petition to use a maximum of 6 credits of ROTC grade C or better) in lieu of 3 credits of general elective and 3 credits of M E or E E course work only if all ROTC program requirements have been satisfied.
  • Technical Electives. The departmental list of approved technical electives may not always be reported correctly on your degree audit. If it is listed in Other Courses, you will need to submit a formal petition so that the department knows to adjust your degree audit.
  • 500-Level Courses. Any senior with a 3.50 cumulative gpa may be admitted to a graduate-level course with only the consent of the instructor. Any senior with a 3.00 to 3.49 cumulative gpa may be admitted to 500-level courses by completing the Undergraduate Student to Take 500-Level Courses form, obtaining all required signatures, and returning it to the Graduate School. Schreyer Scholars need not complete the form.

Degree Audit Adjustments

3-6-9 Sequence. No formal petition is required for Civil Engineering students who wish to use a 3-6-9 sequence for Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences (AHS). Courses need to be taken in each of the three categories (taking 3 credits in one category, 3 credits in another and 12 credits in the remaining category will NOT meet graduation requirements).

While no formal petition is required, you must notify Heather Hamby ( to have your degree audit adjusted.

The Intercultural and International Competence (GI) or US and IL and Economics 102, 104, or 014 may overlap the AHS requirements.

Policy 83-80

University Faculty Senate Policy 83-80 Limitations on Source and Time for Credit Acquisition requires that: 

  1. Every candidate for a degree shall earn as a degree candidate at least 36 of the last 60 credits required for a baccalaureate degree and at least 18 of the last 30 credits required for an associate degree in courses offered by the University or in cooperative degree programs that have been established by formal agreement and approved by the University Faculty Senate.
  2. A candidate for a first baccalaureate degree shall earn the last 60 credits required for that degree within a total elapsed time of five calendar years, but an extension of time shall be granted for intervening military service.

Policy 49-20

Definition and expectations: Academic integrity is the pursuit of scholarly activity in an open, honest and responsible manner. Academic integrity is a basic guiding principle for all academic activity at The Pennsylvania State University, and all members of the University community are expected to act in accordance with this principle. Consistent with this expectation, the University’s Code of Conduct states that all students should act with personal integrity, respect other students’ dignity, rights and property, and help create and maintain an environment in which all can succeed through the fruits of their efforts.

Academic integrity includes a commitment not to engage in or tolerate acts of falsification, misrepresentation or deception. Such acts of dishonesty violate the fundamental ethical principles of the University community and compromise the worth of work completed by others.

To protect the rights and maintain the trust of honest students and support appropriate behavior, faculty and administrators should regularly communicate high standards of integrity and reinforce them by taking reasonable steps to anticipate and deter acts of dishonesty in all assignments (Senate Policy 44-40: Proctoring of Examinations). At the beginning of each course, it is the responsibility of the instructor to provide students with a statement clarifying the application of University and College academic integrity policies to that course.

Committee on Academic Integrity: Each College Dean (or Campus Executive Officer as determined by College policy) shall appoint a Committee on Academic Integrity made up of faculty, students, and academic administrators with faculty being the majority. This committee shall:

  1. Promote expectations for academic integrity consistent with the definition in this policy.
  2. Ensure fairness and consistency in processes and outcomes. To ensure University-wide consistency, College Committees will work with the Office of Judicial Affairs and the Office of the Provost of the University to develop procedures for handling and sanctioning dishonesty infractions.
  3. Review and settle all contested cases in which academic sanctions are applied. If necessary, further disciplinary action will be taken by Judicial Affairs.
  4. Record all cases of academic dishonesty within a college and report them to Judicial Affairs.


Appropriate safety procedures must be followed in the laboratories. Safety is everyone’s responsibility in our teaching and research laboratories. As a student, you must follow the directions of your instructors, observe posted instructions carefully, and use common sense. Expedience is not an excuse for unsafe activities.

Each lab is equipped with a first-aid kit. David Faulds, CEE lab supervisor (865-4780) is the safety contact for the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering. If an accident occurs, follow instructions and call 9-1-1 as quickly as possible. All incidents, however minor, should be reported to the department.

Simultaneous Degrees and Multiple Majors

Students must meet entry requirements for each major. University, college, and major requirements in effect at the time of entry to each degree program must be met. Applications are available in 208 Hammond Building.

Simultaneous degrees (Policy 60-20) combine no more than two degrees. A candidate for simultaneous baccalaureate degrees must earn at least 30 credits more than the number of credits required for the degree with the lower total credit requirement. Students receive one diploma for each degree.

Multiple majors (Policy 60-40) combine two or more majors leading to the same degree. There is no minimum credit requirement. It may be possible for a student to complete a multiple major with the number of credits required for the degree with the greatest total requirement. Students receive a separate diploma for each major for which requirements have been completed. The final academic record indicates the completion of the requirements for each major.

Auditing and Visiting Courses

Students must obtain written permission from the course instructor before formally scheduling a course for audit. To schedule an audit, students must process a registration drop/add form (available in 218 Sackett) or call the Registrar's Office at 865-6357, prior to semester/session or during regular add/drop period. Students are cautioned that, as an auditor, they may be required to participate fully in class. Courses required for graduation cannot be audited.

To visit a course, the student must obtain prior approval from the course instructor. Students receive no credit for visiting a course, and no record appears on the transcript.

Independent Studies/Special Topic Courses

C E X96/X97 Independent Studies/Special Topics

Independent Studies and Special Topics courses are creative projects, including research and design, which are supervised on an individual basis and which fall outside the normal scope of formal courses. In certain cases, if the subject of the independent study or special topics is known far enough in advance, a specific title may be used. The specific title would appear on your transcript instead of the generic Special Topics or Independent Studies notation.

If you would like to register for an independent study or special topics course, you need to obtain the written approval of a faculty member with the department before registering. For civil engineering courses, you must formalize the course with the Academic Programs staff.

Transfer Credits

You may request to use transfer credits to satisfy degree requirements by using the petition process. If you would like to take courses at another institution, you should first check to see if the course can be directly transferred as a PSU equivalent. If it is not, then you should complete a transfer credit form before attending the other school. Please check the online transfer credit evaluation and with the Undergraduate Admissions Office for course equivalents and to obtain a transfer credit form.

Opportunities and Options

Here are some of the many opportunities to enhance, develop, and have fun with your education.

American Concrete Institute

The American Concrete Institute (ACI) student club is open to any student interested in concrete structures or materials. Each semester, student teams travel to the national convention for competitions in areas such as strongest cube, FRP beam, concrete bowling ball, and concrete egg protection device. Activities also include guest speakers from the concrete profession and certification opportunities. The ACI co-advisers are Drs. Farshad Rajabipour and Andrew Scanlon.

American Society of Civil Engineers

ASCE is the professional civil engineering society, with a student chapter open to freshmen and sophomores interested in the organization and all students enrolled in civil engineering. This organization was established to expand the college experience for students in civil engineering and aid in establishing the professional contacts that are so valuable to the practicing engineer. Student chapter members hold offices, secure speakers for chapter meetings, visit engineering works, attend professional meetings, present papers, and keep abreast of professional activities through ASCE publications. These activities stimulate early professional consciousness and prepare students for entry into the profession and into the American Society of Civil Engineers. 

Chapter activities include concrete canoe races and steel bridge competitions. How do you make concrete float? Join the committee that designs the concrete mix used in making the canoe, and then designs, builds, and races the canoe. Does constructing a bridge over imaginary water interest you? Join the steel bridge team to design, construct and test the load of 2,500 pounds on the bridge.

The Central Pennsylvania Section of ASCE offers $1,000 scholarships to civil engineering students. Competition is open to students who are enrolled at Penn State, Bucknell or another school with permanent residence within the boundaries of the Central Pennsylvania Section. Application forms are available from the national ASCE web site.

For further information concerning the Penn State chapter please visit the Student Lounge, 105 Sackett, or the Penn State ASCE web page.

Bridges to Prosperity

Bridges to Prosperity seeks to build footbridges over impassable rivers in impoverished rural areas around the globe. The organization also educates membersof these communities on the methodologies used for successful bridge design, construction, and maintenance in order to provide lifelong access to essential needs. Dr. Jeffrey Laman is the faculty adviser.

Chi Epsilon

Chi Epsilon is the national honor society for juniors and seniors enrolled in civil engineering. Membership is by invitation and is based on scholarship, character, practicality, and sociability. The purpose of this organization is to recognize and develop the fundamental characteristics of the successful civil engineer. Dr. John Regan is the faculty adviser.

Earthquake Engineering Research Institute

The national chapter of the EERI is a "nonprofit, technical society of engineers, geoscientists, architects, planners, public officials and social scientists" with the aim of reducing earthquake risk by advancing science, improving the understanding of the impact of earthquakes on society, and advocating comprehensive and realistic measures for reducing the harmful effects of earthquakes. Dr. Gordon Warn is the faculty adviser.

Institute of Transportation Engineers

ITE is a professional organization of students who are interested in transportation and traffic engineering. A number of meetings are held each year, with representatives of transportation firms and agencies serving as guest speakers. Meetings are posted on the ITE bulletin board on the second floor of Sackett Building.

National Association of Home Builders

The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Student Chapter is a focus for students interested in housing, light commercial construction and development. It provides students with the opportunity to learn more about the housing industry. Students who are in the following majors are eligible for membership in the NAHB Student Chapter: Civil and Environmental Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Real Estate.

The faculty adviser to the student chapter is Dr. Ali Memari, who is also Director of the Pennsylvania Housing Research Center.

College of Engineering Student Societies and Organizations

Engineering Cooperative Education

You can participate in the College of Engineering's Cooperative Education program beginning with the junior year. By alternating semesters of work and study, a year of work experience is accrued. Using the summer sessions before the junior yea and during the senior years, it requires four and one-half years to earn a Bachelor of Science degree with a Certificate in Engineering Cooperative Education. Completion of three work assignments and a report for each assignment is required for certification. Continuing participation in the program is contingent upon satisfactory academic and work performance.

To obtain additional information on the Co-op program, you are encouraged to attend one of the workshops presented by the Co-op office. The Co-op Office is located in 205 Hammond Building.

The cooperative education coordinator for our department is Dr. Martin Pietrucha. While you should consult your adviser on academic matters, you should consult with Dr. Pietrucha with regard to co-op. He will also grade your co-op reports.

The Schreyer Honors College

The honors adviser for the department is Dr. Eric Donnell. If you are a Schreyer Scholar and were assigned to another adviser, please see Barb to change your adviser. Dr. Donnell must approve your annual academic plan, independent study forms, provide suggestions for honors options, and help you apply for special programs, such as the Integrated Undergraduate-Graduate Program (IUG). She will also help you to find a thesis supervisor, and then serve as the second reader for your senior honors thesis.

Study Abroad (International Engineering Program)

A civil engineering program is conducted on an exchange basis between Penn State and The University of Leeds in Leeds, England. The University of Leeds is one of the largest universities in Great Britain and has one of the major academic libraries in the country. The Metropolitan District of Leeds is an important financial, commercial and cultural center with many interesting historical sites.

You can enroll at Leeds during the spring semester in a specially designed academic program consisting of lectures, design studies, directed field trips, and term reports. You must be able to complete 18 credits in civil engineering subjects while abroad. Courses completed at the University of Leeds satisfy the degree requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering at Penn State. Since you remain registered at Penn State while enrolled in the Leeds Program, no transfer of credit is necessary; all grades earned at Leeds count. For further information concerning the Penn State/Leeds Exchange Program, please contact Dr. Jeffrey Laman or Heather Hamby in the Academic Programs office.

Information on other exchange programs can be found at the Office of International Programs, 222 Boucke Building, 865-7681.


A student may elect to take a minor in addition to a major at Penn State. A complete list may be found in the Baccalaureate Degree Programs Bulletin. Students must apply for a minor in the department in which the minor is offered. Students must satisfy all entrance requirements and prerequisites to the required courses.

The CEE Department offers a minor in Environmental Engineering. The Environmental Engineering minor offers an online application form. A certificate is awarded at the time of graduation if all requirements for the minor are met.

Minors offered by the College of Engineering include:

  • Bioengineering
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Engineering Leadership Development
  • Engineering Mechanics
  • Environmental Engineering
  • Peace and Conflict Studies
  • Product Realization
  • Residential Construction Minor
  • Science, Technology, and Society

Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)

ROTC Air Force, Army, Navy/Marines programs are available. You may petition to use a maximum of 6 credits of ROTC (grade C or better) in lieu of 3 credits of general elective and 3 credits M E or E E course work. These credits may only be used if the student has satisfied all ROTC program requirements.

3-2 Program

In cooperation with several academic institutions in the Commonwealth, Penn State offers a 3-2 program in engineering. Following three years at the cooperating institution, the student transfers to Penn State for the final two years. To complete the civil engineering degree, students must successfully complete all civil engineering course requirements for a total, including transferred credits, of at least 130 credits. For the most part, 3-2 students only have to take technical courses at Penn State. Sequencing and scheduling of courses can pose problems if the program is not planned carefully. Students in the 3-2 program are advised by the Undergraduate Adviser, Dr. Folmar.

Undergraduate Teaching Intern Program

You may wish to apply for an undergraduate teaching intern position if you have an interest in teaching. Teaching interns assist individual faculty in a particular course by presenting a lecture, grading papers, conducting help sessions, and being available to answer questions.

Applications are available each April for the following academic year. A few paragraphs on why you would like to teach and become an undergraduate teaching intern are required. Additional information on the Undergraduate Teaching Internship Program is available at


If you are interested in employment while in school, an internship may be just what you are looking for. Specific internships are also available for summer.


If you are interested in entering the competition for a departmental scholarship, you must submit the necessary forms to be eligible. Complete the on-line Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form, or go to the Office of Student Aid, 314 Shields Building. Also complete the departmental form for undergraduate Civil Engineering students. Both forms must be on file to be considered for departmental scholarships.

The Undergraduate Fellowships Office provides information and guidance on applying for national scholarships. Students must be nominated by Penn State for these scholarships. Please visit the Undergraduate Fellowships Office, 11-A Grange Building, for consideration.

Scholarships become available from other sources throughout the academic year. Visit our scholarship web pages and search the bulletin boards for external agency scholarships. These scholarships usually require the student to supply a transcript, an essay and letters of reference.

Looking Ahead

Here are some great resources for making decisions about employment or pursuing graduate studies.

Professional Registration

The Fundamentals of Engineering (F E) Exam is the first step toward becoming a professional engineer. The FE exam is commonly taken in the senior year followed by four years of practical experience, and a second exam in Engineering Principles and Practice (PE). Many firms recognize the professional engineer with salary increases and positions of increased responsibility. Professional registration is especially important for civil engineers because so much civil engineering work is in the public sector.

Students registration for the F E through the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). Registration for the F E and F S is open all year round.

The Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license is desirable for those wishing to practice in boundary surveying and land development design. For licensure in Pennsylvania, a civil engineering graduate with 10 credit hours of surveying course work must take the Fundamentals of Land Surveying Examination, followed by four years of practical experience and a second exam in the Principles and Practice of Land Surveying. Surveying courses that would fulfill the 10-credit requirement are available at the Wilkes-Barre campus.

Job Search

Many resources are available to you when you begin your search for full-time employment. Your resume will become an important piece of paper (or electronic data). Tips on writing a resume and cover letter can be found at the Career Services web site or from the University Learning Resource Center, The Writing Center, 220 Boucke Building. Career Services is located on campus at 253 MBNA Career Services Building, 865-2377. You will also find information about on-campus recruiting, interviewing and a variety of alumni services at the Career Services web site.

You are encouraged to attend the various job fairs held on campus. Penn State Career Days are held at the Bryce Jordan Center. Professional dress is recommended and you should take many copies of your resume with you. You will be able to speak to representatives of a company that may want to hire you.

The Student Chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) host a career fair. More information can be obtained from the ASCE web site.

Graduate School

Perhaps you are interested in applying for graduate study? Apply early to schedule the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Information and applications for the GRE can be obtained from the web site.

How you do decide where to apply? You could consult with your adviser about research specialty areas and courses that you might take in preparation for graduate school. Ask about opportunities elsewhere, as well as at Penn State. Each fall, the American Society of Engineering Education publishes a special issue devoted to graduate programs and opportunities. Many faculty members will have a copy of this publication, and it is also available in the Engineering Library. Peterson's publishes a helpful printed graduate studies guide and a web page,, with links to individual schools.

Penn State graduate applications are only available on-line. The Academic Program staff can answer questions about graduate programs in civil and environmental engineering. Please refer to the application page on our graduate pages for details and appropriate links for applying to the graduate program here at Penn State.



The Penn State Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, established in 1881, is internationally recognized for excellence in the preparation of undergraduate and graduate engineers through the integration of education, research, and leadership.

Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering

212 Sackett Building

The Pennsylvania State University

University Park, PA 16802-1408

Phone: 814-863-3084